Delaware Water Gap Canoe Trip
June 7 – 9, 2013
Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania
We canoed 20 miles down the Delaware River and camped overnight on an island in the river.
- With heavy rains Friday night we stayed in a lodge at BSA Camp Turrell in Cuddebackville, N.J.
- We got out early and were on the river by mid-day on Saturday.
- The river was high because of lots of rain before we arrived so the water was moving swiftly and made for easy paddling.
- The weather was perfect! Warm and partly sunny with a nice breeze.
- We did 14 miles on Saturday from Eshback Access to Tocks Island.
- With the high water it was difficult to find the landing on Tocks Island but after a bit of investigation we finally found it.
- It was a great night on Tocks with almost no bugs.
- We finished up the trip with 6 miles Sunday morning and pulled out at Kittatinny Access in the Water Gap.
- The place where we pulled out intersected with the Appalachian Trail.
- It was the first canoe trip for everyone where we carried our own gear and stayed over along the way and it was a great success.
Pingback: Troop Canoe Trip | Boy Scout Troop 126, Franklin, Massachusetts