Survival Weekend (over 14)
June 22 – 24, 2012
Some of the older scouts spent the weekend learning survival techniques and camping with minimal gear.
- We used only tarps, rope and sleeping bags over the weekend.
- We cooked directly on the fire with no cooking gear
- Had some great cake cooked in orange peels and steak cooked directly on the coals
- We created shelters with rope and tarps (no tents)
- The first night the scouts chose a location close to a vernal pool, the mosquitoes thought that was a very good idea.