April 12 – 14, 2013
Purgatory Chasm, Sutton, MA
We camped at Purgatory Chasm and did a lot of hiking in and around the chasm.
- We had several first time scouts on this outing.
- Although it was rainy Fiday night, the older scouts made a fire and kept everyone in good spirits.
- We did a service project cleaning out debris from the chasm.
- We saw a bat resting in a small cave.
- The older scouts found a small cavern and set up lighted checkpoints to allow all of the scouts in the troop to explore it.
- For having 100% participation in the Popcorn Sale last fall each patrol got Dunkin’ Donuts on Sunday Morning.
Pingback: Purgatory Chasm | Boy Scout Troop 126, Franklin, Massachusetts