September 20-22, 2013
Prudence Island, Rhode Island
We did a weekend camping trip on Prudence Island in Narragansett Bay. We took a ferry out to the island, and did a service project with the Narragansett Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve.
- We took a ferry over to the island on Friday night.
- We did a service project, removing an invasive species (Autumn Olive) from the island.
- We explored a touch tank, which included spider crabs, snails, and several varieties of fish.
- We used a seine net to collect creatures from the shore, and the whole troop helped collect the catch.
- We had great weather on Saturday, and ended the day with our first campfire of the year.
- Sunday morning we woke up to a thunderstorm, and went indoors for breakfast.
- We took the tents down in the rain, but members of the OA helped keep the troop cheerful and having a good time.
- We headed home Sunday morning on the ferry, and had a great trip.