November 22-24, 2013
Camp Sayre, Milton
We went on a 5-mile hike in the Blue Hills.
- We arrived Friday night and set up camp at a site in Camp Sayre
- We started the hike Saturday morning, and ate breakfast atop Hancock Hill with a beautiful view of Boston.
- We stopped at around 1:00 and ate lunch in a field in front of a police station.
- After we finished the hike, we started cooking dinner, which many patrols cooked in Dutch ovens.
- The patrol that sold the most popcorn in our annual fundraiser won the personal chef, who cooked and cleaned for them for the outing
- The troop also got donuts for the Sunday morning breakfast for getting 100% participation in the popcorn fundraiser.
- The weather was quite cold, but everyone persevered with their warm attire.